[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #305, November 4th 2019
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 4 13:04:37 PST 2019
LLVM Weekly - #305, November 4th 2019
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the three hundred and fifth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
Bartlomiej Filipek picked out some of his [favourite papers from the Belfast
ISO C++ meeting](https://www.bfilipek.com/2019/11/belfast.html).
## On the mailing lists
* Chris Bieneman shared an RFC on [updating the minimum CMake requirement to
generated a debate about the cost/benefit of such a move, and potential hassle
for users having to update CMake to build LLVM.
* Jeroen Dobbelaere posted an [update on the status of full restrict
* Siva Chandra shared a [summary of roundtable discussions about
the LLVM Dev Meeting.
* Discussion on switching from Bugzilla to GitHub issues continues, with
responses such as [the one from Kristof
giving more opinions on the potential benefits/costs of switching.
* Florian Hahn posted an [updated RFC on matrix math
* Galina Kistanova reports that [Zorg migration to the GitHub monorepo is now
## LLVM commits
* RemarkLinker was introduced to support deduplicating, filtering, and merging
remarks across multiple translation units.
* The GlobalISel pipeline overview documentation has been rewritten.
* Windows Control Flow Guard checks can now be generated.
* Unordered atomic loads and stores are now lowered to LoadSDNode/StoreSDNode
by default. (https://reviews.llvm.org/rG2460989eabb).
* AArch64 can now used return address signing for outlined functions.
* The deprecated BasicBlockPass and BasicBlockPassManager were deleted.
## Clang commits
* An initial flang driver mode was added, causing flang to be invoked for
Fortran inputs rather than GCC.
* Clang gained a `no_builtin` attribute.
* clang-tidy gained a new check for types that can be made
trivially-destructible by removing out-of-line defaulted destructor
## Other project commits
* Dexter, the Debug Experience Tester has been imported into debuginfo-tests.
* A new profiler mode was added to continuously sync profile counter updates
to a file. [d889d1e](https://reviews.llvm.org/rGd889d1efefe).
* The copy of the GCC C Torture suite imported into the LLVM test suite is now
enabled for SystemZ. [6448db5](https://reviews.llvm.org/rG6448db5d).
More information about the llvm-dev