[llvm-dev] M68K codegen target

Chris Hanson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 24 15:00:03 PDT 2019

Has there been any progress on this?

When last I checked, it appeared that the many attempts at a 68K backend for LLVM were all still just prototypes, so I was really excited to learn of this effort today.

I’ll be letting a few other people who still work with 68K know about it too since an LLVM backend has been one of the big missing pieces in retrocomputing communities. (Sure there’s still GCC, but it’s not always a good solution for various reasons. Same with old compilers—lots of modern code just plain won’t work with them, even C code now.)

  -- Chris