[llvm-dev] Managing two versions of LLVM on the computer?

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 19 11:56:44 PDT 2019

Hi Osman,

Not sure if I understood correctly, what is the role of Git in this scenario?
For my use cases I just copy a number of precompiled versions[1] of LLVM and put them under /opt/llvm/. Here is how it looks like on my machine:

> ls /opt/llvm/
3.8.0  3.9.0  4.0.0  5.0.0  6.0.0  7.0.0  8.0.0  monorepo

Then ,when I need to use a different version to compile something I usually override compiler using environment variables, e.g.:

> export CC=/opt/llvm/3.9.0/bin/clang
> export CXX=/opt/llvm/3.9.0/bin/clang++
> cmake or whatever else is needed

I hope it helps.