[llvm-dev] How to run tests for compiler-rt?

Leonard Chan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 16 20:54:22 PDT 2019

As the question says, how do I run tests for compiler-rt? I'm attempting to
add a new builtin function but cannot figure out how to run the test file I
added.

`check-compiler-rt` and `check-builtins` appear as unknown targets when I
try building with ninja. I also tried running `bin/llvm-lit -vv
/path/to/my/test` but run into an AttributeError in the python script
attempting to run it.

I have `compiler-rt` as one of my enabled projects and
`-DCOMPILER_RT_INCLUDE_TESTS=On` in my cmake invocation. Is there anything
else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Leonard