[llvm-dev] Working with Stack Safety Analysis

Vlad Tsyrklevich via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 6 12:15:23 PDT 2019

Daniele, the SSA was intended to be an inter-procedural ThinLTO-aware
generalization of a similar algorithm used in the SafeStack pass intended
for use in both SafeStack as well as HWASAN. Unfortunately other priorities
have come up so ThinLTO support has not been upstreamed and as it is not
yet used by any passes you'll likely find that it's not immediately usable
in its current state (e.g. its lacking accessors that you need to extract
information about allocas.) You would either have to plumb them in
yourself, or if you only need an intra-procedural analysis you could use
the one in the SafeStack pass.