[llvm-dev] How to get CLang array alloca alignments to be smaller than 16 bytes?

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 5 11:10:13 PDT 2019

On Sun, 5 May 2019 at 18:26, Joan Lluch <joan.lluch at icloud.com> wrote:
> I appreciate your reply, but I can’t still find any relation with “LargeArrayMinWidth” and x86 target.

Are you looking in Clang's source, and that from the same 7.0 version?
If not, you should be. It traces back to 2010; r105500 to be exact:
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20100531/030985.html

For a long while references were in a single file (Targets.cpp), but
they'd been split up into one file per target before 7.0
(Targets/XYZ.cpp).

> I think there should be something else that causes my issue.

I think that's unlikely.

> Are you sure there’s nothing else beyond LargeArrayMinWidth that causes this?

No, but I am sure the LargeArray stuff exists and behaviour I see from
multiple targets matches what I'd expect from the values I see set in
the source.

Cheers.

Tim.