[llvm-dev] Llvm-mca library.

lorenzo chelini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 2 04:11:58 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I would like to use llvm-mca to estimate the IPC of a given code region. I am interested in the library version (https://reviews.llvm.org/D50929?id=162210 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D50929?id=162210>) but I have troubles understanding how to use it. Could you please point me to some documentations or (better) some code examples if any?

Reading the documentation (https://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/llvm-mca.html <https://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/llvm-mca.html>) it also seems that llvm-mca does not take into account the cache hierarchy. Does this mean that the tool assumes all the loads/stores hit the L1 cache?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

Lorenzo Chelini.