[llvm-dev] LLVM back end for the research Connex SIMD processor and GSoC19

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 31 18:30:53 PDT 2019

   Hello.
     I would like to come back again to advertise the back end for the Connex SIMD processor.
     We were kindly accepted by the LLVM foundation as a GSoC 2019 project:
http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html#connex_back_end - please let us know if you want to
contribute to this work, especially as part of the Google Summer of Code 2019.
     The Connex ISA is available at
https://gitlab.dcae.pub.ro/research/ConnexRelated/opincaa/blob/master/ConnexISA.pdf .

     Some papers that describe the compiler and the Connex processor are available at:
        https://sites.google.com/site/alexsusu/myfilecabinet/OpincaaLLVM_TR_UPB.pdf
        https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3306166

     I've just started pushing a patch for the Connex back end at
https://reviews.llvm.org/D60052 .
     We also have a nice simulator for Connex written in C++ as part of the Opincaa Connex
assembler at: https://gitlab.dcae.pub.ro/research/ConnexRelated/opincaa/ .

     Please don't hesitate to say if you have any questions or feedback.

   Best regards,
     Alex