[llvm-dev] Stability of ORC JIT api with v8

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 29 14:30:35 PDT 2019

Hi Dibyendu,

I expect the rate of change of the ORCv2 APIs to be lower now, but they are
still under active development. The core infrastructure is all in place:
ExecutionSession, JITDylibs,
MaterializationUnit/MaterializationResponsibility, and Layers. In LLVM 9 I
expect the symbol resolution process to receive some further tweaks, and I
want to add support for removing code from the JIT (which ORCv2 does not
support yet). The big work in LLVM 9 at the moment is the new JIT linker (
https://reviews.llvm.org/D58704), but this will be an implementation detail
to most clients.

Cheers,
Lang.