[llvm-dev] Scalable Vector Types in IR - Next Steps?

Sebastian Pop via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 29 09:33:35 PDT 2019

I had a phone conversation yesterday with Graham, Francesco,
and Kristof.

There is one more reason to go with the native type change:
ARM has already written the code with the SV types, and they
have patches ready to be reviewed and integrated in LLVM.

As I don't want to stand in the way of getting SVE in LLVM
as soon as possible, I will also support the integration of the
existing patches and I will help with the review.

Sebastian