[llvm-dev] Scalable Vector Types in IR - Next Steps?

Sebastian Pop via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 27 19:45:17 PDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 6:46 PM Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using intrinsics and an opaque type, IMO, makes the most sense as a pass-through mechanism for allowing very limited usage without investing in any significant mid-level analysis or transformation awareness.

Ok, so if there are just a few passes to be amended, we may want to go
the opaque type route.

Can we list the passes that do something to the current vector types?
InstCombine
Vectorizer
Those passes will be immediate candidates to be taught about SV.
Any other pass/analysis like GVN for vectors is pie in the sky.

Sebastian