[llvm-dev] Generating the callees metadata in the bitcode

Zi Wang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 22 14:06:23 PDT 2019

Hi,

I tried to add an indirect function call analysis in my pass. I found that
the "!callees" metadata can be useful. I followed the API invocations in
call graph generation using the !callees metadata (
https://reviews.llvm.org/D39339). However, the result is not correct.

I looked at the bitcode that my pass was working on. Only a few places
contain the !callees metadata in the bitcode. The project I am working with
has way more indirect function calls. It seems that the bitcode does not
contain a complete !callees metadata. I am wondering whether I need special
flags for Clang to generate the bitcode with a complete !callees metadata
information, or do I need to run some pass on the bitcode Clang generated
in order to get all the !callees metadata.

Cheers,

Zi