[llvm-dev] Two FPPassManager objects, and LocalStackSlotAllocation::runOnMachineFunction returns true but has not changed the data

JD Jones via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 18 10:35:26 PDT 2019

Good Morning, all,

I stumbled across a couple o' three of curious things in the LLVM code.  I'm
too new to this to know whether these are functioning correctly or not.
Guidance would be appreciated.

Perhaps it is something I have done wrong, but my executions of llc are
creating two FPPassManager objects (that run different sets of passes).
FPPassManager contains a static char ID (as expected), so I expected only
one FPPassManager object to be constructed during a single execution.

LocalStackSlotAllocation::runOnMachineFunction returns true even when it has
not changed the data (in any way that I can see).

The destructor of SelectionDAGISel deletes MF, a pointer to a member
variable the class did not new.

Again, I'm too new to LLVM to know whether these things are as designed or
unintentional.

Many Thanks,

JD Jones

Software Engineer

Paragon Research Corporation

www.prc-hsv.com

Not a Contribution

--
This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain Paragon
Research Corporation (PRC) confidential or privileged information.  Use or