[llvm-dev] Scalable Vector Types in IR - Next Steps?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 13 08:55:45 PDT 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 15:27, Finkel, Hal J. <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
> However,
> the critical step is that the outcome of that conversation should be
> summarized, in a timely manner, for the mailing list (or put in the
> relevant code review, bug report, etc.) so that the rest of us can
> provide input.

That was my point. Discussing personally on the dev meetings is
essential, but without follow through, the people on the meeting will
be following a different path than the rest of the community.

Right now, whatever conclusions were drawn at that meeting are still
"behind closed doors", which pushed me and David to continue reviewing
patches that were essentially dead and have parallel discussions that
were not only moot, but counter-productive.

--renato