[llvm-dev] A libc in LLVM

Siva Chandra via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 25 16:20:04 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 3:43 PM Zachary Turner <zturner at roblox.com> wrote:

> What do you expect the support for Windows to be?  Certainly, I don't
> expect you to provide Windows support personally if you don't need it,
> but given that LLVM supports Windows, it should at least be done in
> such a way that the design lends itself to interested parties
> contributing Windows support.

We are not going to disallow support for an item/features we do not plan to
implement ourselves. Contributions will be welcome.

As I have mentioned in another email, we really want to develop everything
in a "as a library" fashion so that adding support for new items/features
isn't blocked by design.