[llvm-dev] OrcJIT: Why is there no callback manager for ARM?

Ladybug . via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 22 06:52:19 PDT 2019

I'm using OrcJIT with the C API, i had a lot of headaches trying to make it
work, LLVMAddLazilyCompiledIR kept failing no matter what, but
LLVMAddEagerlyCompiledIR worked fine this is on an ARM Device, tried lazy
ir on an x86_64 ubuntu and it worked fine this really confused me for
months and months until today i found a bit of the issue, i was using llvm
7 and after updating to 8 i now get an error message about no callback
manager available when i call LLVMOrcCreateInstance then looking at
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/release_80/lib/ExecutionEngine/Orc/
IndirectionUtils.cpp#L115i see where the error is coming from, why is ARM
not in that list? as far as i know lazy ir needs a callback manager and
that is not implemented for ARM.