[llvm-dev] [RFC] Documentation clarification: Phabricator, not the lists is the main entry point for new patches

Finkel, Hal J. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 19 10:57:48 PDT 2019

On 6/19/19 12:50 PM, Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev wrote:
I believe the history is that when Phab was initially introduced, we wrote the documentation this way to make things easy for reviewers who didn't want to change their workflow. But, I agree with your observations. The majority of code review seems to happen on Phabricator, and the best way to get traction on a new patch is to upload it to Phab and add a few reviewers by name. Regardless of what workflow reviewers would prefer, I think the documentation should recommend Phabricator over email  to first time contributors, since, in my experience, it gets better results.

+1

 -Hal