[llvm-dev] Constrained integer DIV (WAS: Re: Planned change to IR semantics: constant expressions never have undefined behavior)

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 17 10:45:59 PDT 2019

On 6/14/19 5:36 PM, Eli Friedman via llvm-dev wrote:
> [...]

This sounds a lot like the approach we took to implicit null checks in
LLVM.  At the IR level, we represent them as explicit control flow.  In
the backend, we pattern match into a side table of which is used by the
signal handler to redirect control flow to the appropriate handler.  The
mechanisms already in place could be easily reused for idiv.

Philip