[llvm-dev] Help required on running the regression tests

Joan Lluch via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 14 02:09:55 PDT 2019

Please, can anybody show me the required steps for running the LLVM regression tests, or point me to a detailed doc?

I read the available documentation in https://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html <https://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html>  but that's mostly a general description on what’s available rather than an “guide”.

This is what I tried:

- Installed both LLVM and CLANG using CMAKE on a Mac OS X computer. (Sources compiled fine, and everything seems to work as I’m already at the final steps of a custom LLVM target implementation)
- Python 2.7.10 is already installed.
- From the command line (terminal app) I tried to execute python lit.site.cfg.py , however I get the following error:

File "/Users/joan/LLVM+CLANG/build/test/lit.site.cfg.py", line 6, in <module>
    config.host_triple = "x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0"
NameError: name 'config' is not defined

There seem to be something obvious that I miss, so any help is appreciated.

Please be aware that I’m an experienced C, C++, Obj-C programmer (now retired) but I do not speak a word of python.

Thanks,

John