[llvm-dev] Clang8 on MacOS 10.14

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 14 00:58:57 PDT 2019

Hi Hans,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 05:07, Hans Ã…berg via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The distribution does not seem to contain any other file stdio.h.

You're going to need a normal copy of Xcode installed to provide the
system headers and libraries; and macOS has been moving away from
putting anything in /usr/include even with the command line tools.

So you probably need to add an extra sysroot argument to your clang
invocation, pointing it at the Xcode installation: -isysroot $(xcrun
--show-sdk-path macosx). Alternatively I believe you can set the
SDKROOT environment variable to that path, if adding CFLAGS is too
tricky. Build systems often detect all this for you (I know CMake
does).

Cheers.

Tim.