[llvm-dev] ld.lld fails with "undefined symbol: _fopen" on macOS, while working as expected on Linux

Ivan Medoedov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 7 13:44:08 PDT 2019

Thanks, Tim.

You are right, it's using macOS' stdio.h, which is a terrible idea.

Clang docs on --sysroot:

When you have extracted your cross-compiler from a zip file into a
directory, you have to use --sysroot=<path>. The path is the root directory
where you have unpacked your file, and Clang will look for the directories
bin, lib, include in there.

I have a silly question: where can I download the mentioned zip file with
all bin, lib, and include files for x64 Linux target?

So far I've been copying files one by one (/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o, etc) and
it's been a painful process.