[llvm-dev] [RFC] change .gitignore for monorepo

Zakharin, Vyacheslav P via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 18 10:29:32 PDT 2019

Paul,

Our workspace creator just checks out the other projects into the top-level structure of llvm-project, but llvm-project and the other projects are still from different repos.  We could have taught the workspace creator to modify .git/info/exclude for each workspace, but as you said, it is error-prone.

OK, it looks like .gitignore is not going to change, so we will have to figure out some local solution.

Thanks,
Slava