[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] JIT crashing when compiling source code with Clang and -mretpoline flag

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 15 10:34:07 PDT 2019

You are also doing two things that are novel:
- using retpoline on JITed code (I think)
- doing it on Windows

So far as I know, you are the first person to do either of those things, so
no one is going to have any experience to share. I believe retpoline has
primarily been used in the kernel space, mainly for Linux, which uses ELF.

Finally, you haven't provided much info beyond "the application crashed",
so even if someone was generous enough to try to diagnose the problem
remotely over email, there are no clues to analyze. I think you'll have to
debug things much further to get a useful response.