[llvm-dev] GitHub monorepo and commit access

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 9 08:16:28 PDT 2019

> I believe the change-over to making the git monorepo the place to commit is likely to happen later this year, though others will be able to clarify this further.

The fervently expressed hope, at the October 2018 Dev Meeting, was that we would "pull the trigger" during the upcoming October 2019 Dev Meeting.

I'm not aware that anyone has published any requirements/guidance regarding GitHub accounts, whether/how those should align with existing SVN accounts, etc.  To date, there is no requirement to have one (which is good, because I don't).  I do know that people have been experimenting with the infrastructure, hooks, tooling and so forth to make for as little disruption as we can manage, as far as developer processes go.
--paulr