[llvm-dev] Linker errors after installing/compiling LLVM/CLANG

Neil Nelson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 7 12:48:21 PDT 2019

Joan, For ninja here I would do the following, noting
https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html

cd llvm-project

rm -rf build

mkdir build

cd build

Your cmake line might be

cmake -G Ninja -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=clang
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/joan/LLVM-9/install
-DLLVM_OPTIMIZED_TABLEGEN=On ../llvm

I would use

cmake -G Ninja -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang" -DLLVM_USE_LINKER=lld
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release"
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/joan/LLVM-9/install ../llvm

ninja

ninja install

I am not familiar with Xcode. But if the above works you might be in a
position to use the executables and libraries in the just installed
directory in an Xcode project.

Neil