[llvm-dev] [RFC] Support embedding bitcodes in LLD with LTO

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 30 11:18:07 PST 2019

Hi Josef,

Let me clarify my understanding. Do you want to keep original bitcode files
in the output executable when doing LTO, so that the resulting executable
contains both compiled bitcode (which is in native machine instructions)
and original bitcode files?

Did you try embedding bitcode files into existing ELF files using objcopy
or linker option `--format=binary`?