[llvm-dev] trying to compile for the LLVM tutorial

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 20 13:37:02 PST 2019

Yeah, sounds like perhaps (as others mentioned on the Stack Overflow
thread) you're trying to build the examples from the source control/head
version of the examples, against the last release of LLVM - generally LLVM
is too frequently changed for that to work.

Best to either use the examples that came with the pre-built distribution
of LLVM you're using (if they came with the examples) or to build them
against the source distribution you've got rather than the mismatched
installed distribution.

- Dave