[llvm-dev] Proposal for an alternative bugtracking workflow

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 15 13:56:46 PST 2019

(briefly focused on notifications / subscriptions to tags)

Somewhat regardless of whether we use a single repo of issue tracking or
multiple repos of issue tracking, we will need this. As a concrete example,
I suspect maintainers of a particular target will have a strong desire to
follow issues with *that* target, but not all other targets, and yet here
we will have enough overlap to make these necessarily go into a single repo.

As to who should own this, I think that the community as a whole *has* to
invest in infrastructure to support excellent issue tracking. The current
situation is actively hurting the entire project, and IMO is even more
urgent to fix than moving the code to github. So I think there are lots of
resources we can and should point at addressing basic missing functionality
like notifications.

Ilya, can you forward whatever ticket or tracking entry there is here? I'd
love to try and surface the critical nature of this for the LLVM project to
GitHub folks.