[llvm-dev] Function - replaceAllUsesWith

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 15 04:41:37 PST 2019

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 12:35, Gaier, Bjoern <Bjoern.Gaier at horiba.com> wrote:
> Sadly I have currently only a release build of LLVM7 with no assertions turned on...

That's definitely the first thing you should fix. Preferably a debug
build too. The only reason you should ever be debugging against a
release build of LLVM is if you have a Heisenbug that doesn't happen
otherwise. It's a horrible experience.

> So I just know that the line of code I posted is crashing.
> No output, no anything....just...Crash...

Even a release build can give you a backtrace if you attach a
debugger, though as I've said I wouldn't normally bother.

Cheers.

Tim.