[llvm-dev] Which python binding of LLVM is officially supported?

Peng Yu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 13 10:00:44 PST 2019

Hi,

I'd like to program in a scripting language such as python as
programming in a scripting language rather than C++ can improve the
programming productivity.

I see several python bindings of LLVM. But I am not sure which one is
well supported.

https://github.com/numba/llvmlite
http://www.llvmpy.org/

For llvmpy only work with LLVM 3.3, but now LLVM is already at 8.0.
This sounds to be too outdated.

llvmlite is tailored for Numba and the support is prioritized toward
Numba. So I don't think it is a good choice either.

Is there any better well-supported python binding for LLVM? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Peng