[llvm-dev] Problems trying to build LLVM

Jack Orenstein via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 9 20:36:22 PST 2019

After much googling, I was finally able to make the DisableABI warning go
away by building the kaleidoscope tutorial's lexer and parser as follows:

clang++ -g -O3 -c kal.cpp `llvm-config --cxxflags` -o kal.o
clang++ kal.o `llvm-config --ldflags --libs` -lpthread -ltinfo -o kal

This is pure recitation of an incantation I don't understand. The
connection between the original warning, lpthread and ltinfo is unclear. In
any case, I can now continue with the Kaleidoscope tutorial.

Jack