[llvm-dev] How to link against specific targets? (Porting ShadowCallStack to new PM)

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 8 18:11:04 PST 2019

I think Craig's point was that moving machine passes to the new PM hasn't
even started. MachineFunctions, MachineModuleInfo, none of it is going to
work.

But you also don't need it to work. `-fexperimental-new-pass-manager` only
enables the new PM for the IR pipeline. The machine passes and all of the
code generator are handled independently.