[llvm-dev] [Xray] Help with Xray

Dangeti Tharun kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 7 03:26:00 PST 2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 3:21 PM Dean Michael Berris <dean.berris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:43 PM Dangeti Tharun kumar
> <cs15mtech11002 at iith.ac.in> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dean,
> >
> > I have tried with -instr-map-1 and -instr-map-2, it didn't work.
> >

> Yeah, I'm looking through the code and it looks like we're always just
> using the function id when we should be using the symbol name. Let me
> land a patch to fix this.

Thanks Dean.

> Is there a way to find the function name from the identifier?
>
> You can try this manually by using the `llvm-xray extract -symbolize`
> tool to get a YAML file that maps the function id's to symbols, but
> that's a roundabout way of doing it. Ideally the graph-diff tool
> should just do it.
>
> I have tried this strangely I got this error

$> llvm-xray extract -symbolize xray-log.clang-8.*

YAML:1:1: error: Got empty plain scalar
llvm-xray: Cannot extract instrumentation map from 'xray-log.clang-8.*'
Failed loading YAML document from 'xray-log.clang-8.*

but this is working

llvm-xray convert xray-log.clang-8.*
-instr_map=../avx/llvm/xray-build/bin/clang -output-format=yaml 1>out.yaml

Am I missing anything?

Cheers

--
Regards,