[llvm-dev] bootstrapping llvm with advanced configuration

Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 4 14:23:38 PST 2019

I'm slightly confused. Are you saying you're trying to build clang using gcc and not g++ to bootstrap? If so, that isn't going to work. We don't support bootstrapping clang with only a C compiler. You need a full C++ compiler and C++11 runtime.

It also looks like you're putting libc++ in llvm/projects. Try putting libc++, libc++abi, compiler-rt, and openmp under llvm/runtimes.

-Chris