[llvm-dev] [RFC] Adding a -memeq-lib-function flag to allow the user to specify a memeq function.

Clement Courbet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 4 02:27:29 PST 2019

Thanks for the suggestions Hal,

So if I understand correctly, you're recommending we add a module flag
<https://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#module-flags-metadata> to LLVM,
something like:

!llvm.module.flags = !{..., !123}
!123 = !{i32 1, !"memeq_lib_function", !"user_memeq"}

I've given it a try in the following patch: https://reviews.llvm.org/D56311
If this sounds reasonable I can start working on adding a CodeGenOptions to
clang to see what this entails.

I don't think the function attribute works here because we want this to be
globally enabled instead of per-function (but maybe I misunderstood what
you were suggesting).