[llvm-dev] Making LLD PDB generation faster

Alexandre Ganea via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 28 06:32:35 PST 2019

Leonardo,

Try enabling large memory pages on your PC: https://support.sisoftware.co.uk/knowledgebase.php?article=52
Get the latest LLVM trunk and ensure the MF_HUGE_HINT is used with your use-case, by tracing Memory::allocateMappedMemory()
Going from 12-byte buckets to 8-buckets only gives mild improvements, you're saving 1/6 cache misses on the hashtable accesses. Most of the gain comes from usage of the large memory pages.

Let me know if that helps,
Alex.