[llvm-dev] error building LLVM opt tool under Cygwin

s n via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 27 21:31:02 PST 2019

Hello, I downloaded and built llvm-7.0.1 as per the instructions on the
website docs. It seems that I can run many of the tools in build/bin (eg
llvm-diff or count etc) with the exception of opt where I get "-bash:
./opt.exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error". I tried
rebuilding just opt but still no luck. An ideas?

This is frustrating because opt is the tool I am most interested in, and
the reason I built llvm at all instead of relying on the binary
distribution.

On a somewhat unrelated note, what does make install actually do. I ran
"cmake -DMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=..../llvm-project/install -P
cmake_Install.cmake" and it ran for a long time, but I couldn't tell
what it actually did. eg I couldn't see any directory called
..../llvm=project/install"

thanks

---
https://www.avg.com