[llvm-dev] Is there still a way to turn IR code into C++ API?

Yafei Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 26 19:02:09 PST 2019

Hi, I'm learning to build a compiler for my toy language, and LLVM is
totally a new thing for me. I feel hard to turn an AST to the C++ API code,
and sometimes I have to write some C++ source code and turn it into IR code
to find some clue, but most time this will not help, I don't know what API
I should use even if I got the IR code.

I search for a long time and find that there used to be a backend which can
turn IR code back to C++ API code called "cpp", but it is removed. And
there used to be a online demo page which can do this, can it is disabled.

So is there still a way to turn IR code back to C++ API? If not, what the
best way to learn how to represent AST by using C++ APIs?