[llvm-dev] RFC for f18+runtimes in LLVM

Troy Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 25 17:18:12 PST 2019

FWIW, I think if the LLVM project will not accept C++17 code soon, then f18 should detect C++17 support and if it's not there, use local implementations.  Cray once released a library back when some compilers did not yet support C++11, so I detected if C++11 support existed and used my own implementations when it wasn't present.  For some things, it was trivial, for others, really annoying....but it worked.  It would be lovely to see f18 in the new LLVM repo sooner than later, but obviously if f18 merges in after C++14 is allowed, then less work is required to duplicate std:: functionality.  It's a tradeoff.

-Troy