[llvm-dev] RFC: changing variable naming rules in LLVM codebase

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 25 02:35:46 PST 2019

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 20:46, via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> [...]

You might treat "m_" as silent, but I don't. It's just not how my mind
works when reading code. As for moving entities between class and local
scope - I've found myself regularly going from local scope to class scope
in the past in other projects at least, although I can't say the same for
LLVM. I do know I'd get annoyed by typing m_* before every member variable
I have to write, whereas I don't for using real words, but I accept that
might just be me.