[llvm-dev] [llvm-symbolizer] Add an alias to be a drop-in replacement for addr2line

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 19 14:31:57 PST 2019

The alias sounds good.

I think there has been a lot of scope creep in the various LLVM binary
utilities. Originally, they were just knock-off, single-purpose, useful
programs, but now users want command line compatibility and format-string
compatible output. I don't have any strong objections against being more
drop-in compatible, but I do want to point out that this is revisiting some
pretty early design decisions, so it's not necessarily going to be easy.

Good luck! :)