[llvm-dev] LLVM Releases page needs updating? (Still suggests using SVN)

Kristina Brooks via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 16 18:13:46 PST 2019

Hi,

I've noticed that http://releases.llvm.org/ still mentions that "Current" version
of LLVM Projects should be retrieved through SVN. With the GitHub mirror now being
considered a "source of truth" for readonly checkouts, would it be worth updating
that page and referring people to https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project instead?

(Though my only concern being, currently there are no RO-only mirrors on GitHub
for major projects since I presume majority of consumers will likely want to
checkout LLVM, Clang/CFE and LLD, it may be worth mirroring them separately. I'm
not sure how well Git handled subtree checkouts, personally I've not had the best
experiences, while a RO mirror is a lot more straightforward)

Thank you.