[llvm-dev] how experimental are the llvm.experimental.vector.reduce.* functions?

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 9 00:42:25 PST 2019

I don't think I understand your pseudocode using
llvm.experimental.vector.reduce.umax. All of the types you showed are
scalar, but that intrinsic doesn't work on scalars so I'm having a hard
time understanding what you're trying to do with it.
llvm.experimental.vector.reduce.umax takes a vector input and returns a
scalar result. Are you wanting to find if any of the additions overflowed
or a mask of which addition overflowed?

The sadd.with.overflow intrinsics are in the process of gaining vector
support if not already complete. Simon Pilgrim made some commits recently.
I know the documentation in the LangRef hasn't been updated. It will return
a <X x i1> vector for overflow instead i1 when vectors are used.

~Craig