[llvm-dev] arc patch with the new git workflow

Nicolas Lesser via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 8 10:42:19 PST 2019

Hi all,

The Phabricator docs seem to say that downloading a patch goes with `arc
patch`. However, I tried it on several revisions and they all fail with:

Checking patch some/path/to/a/file/that/exists ...
error: some/path/to/a/file/that/exists: does not exist in index

With the svn repo I found that command to be really useful. But now it
seems like I have to download the patch manually, create a new branch,
apply it and create a commit for it. Having `arc patch` would be a really
great improvement to that - since it also does arc specific stuff I believe
that I can't do manually (like arc diff telling me which patch to commit).

Is there a way I can make it work?

Thanks
P.S: I'm not on llvm-dev list, so any replies would have to mention my
email I guess :)
- Nicolas