[llvm-dev] IRBuilder constraints

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 5 05:52:00 PST 2019

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 09:42, Norbert Dajka via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I cannot get LLVM to leave an llvm::Value as ConstantInt in every case, if I pass it to IRBuilder for processing(for example through a globalvariable storing instruction).

How sure are you that it's the IRBuilder doing this? It looks
completely unsound to me in the general case (there's nothing tying
the new globals to their original address), and I've never seen
anything similar.

But it looks very plausibly like what you'd get if you triggered a
completely different part of some decompiler tool to decide that your
accesses are generic enough to be modelled as globals in LLVM.

Cheers.

Tim.