[llvm-dev] GlobalISEL, and MachineMemOperands?

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 1 18:36:11 PST 2019

On 2/1/19 4:40 PM, Matt Arsenault wrote:

>> On Feb 1, 2019, at 7:35 PM, Philip Reames via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Looking through the X86 GlobalISEL code for selecting loads and stores, I'm not seeing the creation of the MachineMemOperands I'd expect to see and do see being generated by SelectionDAG.  Is this simply an oversight, or is there some aspect of the new design which pushes us away from MMOs?
> The MMO is created in IRTranslator::translateLoad. The verifier also enforces that it’s there. Where are you seeing them not used?

I'm guessing this comes down to user error.  I tried reproducing this
again, and saw the MMO as expected.  I'm guessing I got confused by not
seeing the handling in the X86 code due to the mutation approach, and
then misreading the debug output or something.

Sorry for the noise, and thanks for the quick response.

Philip