[llvm-dev] [8.0.0 Release] rc1 has been tagged

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 1 00:55:58 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 3:15 PM Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 13:47, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > Alex, ping? There was a thread about moving Risc-V out of experimental
> > but I think it didn't go anywhere?
>
> I think it would make most sense to move RISC-V out of experimental to
> become a standard target for the 9.0 release. It would have been nice
> to be at that point prior to the 8.0 branch, but it hasn't been
> possible with the resources I've had.

Okay, thanks for the update.

> > Separately, do the listed patches sound okay for merging?
>
> I'm not fully sure what your policy is in merging patches for
> experimental targets. It would be nice to merge r352169 and r352171 as
> Bruce suggests though.

I tried merging r352169 but there merge conflicts in
lib/Target/RISCV/RISCVInstrInfo.td,
test/CodeGen/RISCV/atomic-cmpxchg.ll and
test/CodeGen/RISCV/atomic-rmw.ll.

I didn't actually look at the conflicts, but since the target is still
in experimental and the merge isn't trivial, maybe it's not worth it?
I'm still happy to take them if someone wants to help me resolve the
conflicts though.

Thanks,
Hans