[llvm-dev] RFC: Refactor SubclassData

Ehud Katz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 26 12:53:16 PST 2019

I've tested it on MSVC, gcc, clang and icc.

The solution in clang (in Decl.h) is not ideal (as you have said yourself).
The solution I offer, is using a union of fields of class BitField (this is
a new class that implements a bitfield of a specific type requested). With
this, the definition, of the required bitfields in the subclass data,
remains in the hands of the actual class needing them. And these are all
restricted hierarchically by the superclasses of that class.