[llvm-dev] lld/coff section name .debug_str is longer than 8 characters

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 18 11:26:13 PST 2019

The intention of the new warning was to warn when accidentally linking
DWARF into a PE image, so it seems working as intended. Typically link.exe
strips all codeview, so most users do not run objcopy/strip as a post-link
step, so users were accidentally shipping DWARF to users.

If you wanted the DWARF in your output, pass /debug:dwarf. It should
silence the warning. Let me know if it doesn't.

There's also a direct way to disable just this warning with no other change
in behavior, /ignore:longsections.