[llvm-dev] Python 2 compatibility for utility scripts

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 17 01:53:56 PST 2019

I personally only use Python 3 reluctantly. I've yet to encounter a
situation where I actually preferred Python 3. That being said, given the
decision to retire Python 2.7 (*grumble* *grumble*), I'll probably be
forced sometime in the new year to uninstall it by somebody in charge of
security somewhere. I certainly don't see a personal need to have all
scripts support Python 2, unless they are used in the build/test pipeline
somewhere (i.e. get touched by a fresh check-all).